Website monetization is a task that every website owner should be focusing on, as times change it is critical to stay up to date on all the various methods one can use to increase site earnings. One of the best ways to make money with a site online is to sell products for other people, there are numerous ways to do this but the best in my opinion is to use a datafeed that is provided by a retailer which allows you to include their products directly on your site with limited work on your part.
What is a datafeed?
a merchant datafeed is a file that contains all the information for products a merchant wants to make available to affiliates in order for them to sell their products. The file format has been standardized so implementation is consistent and easy to maintain.
How to use a datafeed.
Datafeeds need to be processed in order to display the included products correctly, the datafeed will typically contain product information such as description, images, options and price. There are manual ways to use this data on any site but for ease of use and efficiency I recommend using a datafeed plugin so all the heavy lifting is done for you. By setting up your WordPress based site using a datafeed plugin you can install, setup and populate a store section on your site very easily and maintain it effectively without needing a degree to figure out how to manage it, my personal favorite is called datafeedr.
What is Datafeedr?
Datafeedr is a plugin that allows you to create and embed an affiliate datafeed store into your WordPress blog easily. Datafeedr is a powerful, push-button store creation system that makes it fast and east for affiliate marketers to set-up, manage and update a complete affiliate datafeed store without touching any confusing or complicated data feed files, learning how to program php or hiring an expensive programmer to do the work for you.
Why use Datafeedr?
Datafeedr works with WordPress, the most popular content management system in use today and is designed with ease of use in mind allowing even a low budget site to have a professional and effective data feed powered store easily. Datafeedr currently aggregates over 130 million affiliate products from 19 different affiliate networks including Commission Junction, Clickbank, LinkShare, Google Affiliate Network, Pepperjam Network, Digital River, Sharasale, Buyat and others.
Datafeedr key features:
- No sign up fees
- No data feed access fees.
- Keep 100% of your commissions.
- Works with almost any WordPress theme.
- Create unlimited affiliate data feed stores.
- Automatically create blog posts from your product list (drip functionality)
- Embed products into blog posts or pages.
- Pick products from multiple merchants and multiple networks.
- Include up to 100,000 products per store.
- Built-in breadcrumb menu for easy navigation.
- Search engine friendly URL’s
- Create new pages based on keywords.
- Choose what to display on each page (product name, thumbnail, description, price, etc…)
- Edit category names, images, descriptions and thumbnails.
- Choose to redirect your affiliate links immediately to merchant or first to a local product information page.
- Show similar products on product details pages.
- Display blog or store on your site’s front page.
Leave a Reply